Gillian Waddell is a leading public relations consultant, with 30 years in the national and international B2B and B2C communications arena. She is Founder/MD of two premium, independent, award-winning London-based boutique consultancies, including Fuel PR and new commercial platform, Fuel for Amazon. Gillian works with clients on a myriad of projects to support their reputation, positioning, increased growth and commercial success.
Gillian worked as a journalist for national newspapers and publishing houses before joining the public relations industry. Gillian has been responsible for many high profile and successful campaigns. Her ability to twin strategic and creative thinking with decisive action and practical solutions, backed by extensive commercial experience, explains her outstanding results for some of the world’s most discerning and successful organisations. She also completed a 5 year tenure as President of the Women in PR industry organisation.
Gillian’s wide-ranging professional expertise includes:
- Strategic practical and results-orientated consultant to national and international blue chip companies, organisations and governments
- Corporate reputation management, brand building strategies, marketing communications programmes, media strategies and programmes, risk, issues and crisis management
- High level, extensive networks with strong personal credentials – known for her drive, energy and dynamism
- Long term 20 year brand building work for UK-based independent and long-term development of a globally recognised iconic skincare brand, known and loved by a host of major, high profile international influencers
- Regularly manage risk, issues and crises for national and international businesses, developing and implementing communications strategies to cover a range of commercial issues and major incidents to minimise business disruption and block potential negative impact of media coverage
- Identified, addressed and worked to transform blue chip corporate company’s reputation affecting commercial performance within Healthcare/Pharmacy Channel in the UK/Western Europe
- Developed/managed global FMCG leader’s brand strategies in 96 countries including 360° advocacy and stakeholder programmes
- Founder/creator of high profile, issue-focussed public education and media campaigns e.g. junk food, smoking, obesity, children’s behaviour, incontinence and sweating amongst others
- Founder of HealthInsightUK.org, an independent and reliable web-based forum about drug risks and side effects, aiming to inform and educate the public and provide them with a proper health advice
A quick insight into Gillian Waddell Managing Director of Fuel PR
Studied History & Politics at St Andrews University
Favourite campaign – the next one!
Favourite saying – not suited to this audience
Second favourite saying – “I’m lost – where am I?”
Addicted to tartan, triathlons & turbans
For any queries relating to new business, please contact Gillian Waddell, Managing Director
on +44(0)207 498 8211 or email Gillian@fuelrefuel.com